Wednesday, 26 March
Lately life in Paris has been busy, so not much time for blogging..
According to the calendar spring is officially here (20 March). Though the weather makes me question that - rain, wind, hail and general cold.. it still feels more like winter - I guess this is Climate Change in action! Though I have noticed that the plants have remembered that it's spring and there are some flowers and leaves appearing in the city's gardens...
Here's the metro arriving at the station near where I live... very Parisian!
I was walking along the rue de Seine when I passed an antiques shop with this nice mirror and an opportunity for a self-portrait:
At the end of rue de Seine is the Institut de France - it is one of only a couple of baroque buildings in Paris. The institute is responsible for promoting French culture.
Just opposite the institute is the Pont des Arts - this is my favorite bridge in Paris. In the summer many people sit and have picnics on the bridge.
Here is are some views of the Institute de France from the far end of Pont des Arts near to the Louvre:
The other day I went to an excellent concert by my friend Erica and her group at the Salon de Musiques in Montmartre. The venue was very nice and full. Three other groups played - mostly folk music.









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home