Saturday, August 28, 2004

Friday, 27 August

My housmate, Guillaume left on the helicopter this morning. The house seems quiet now. Today I was busy writing the weekly report for Beni. I am looking forward to some time off over the weekend. I used to have a lot of work to do over the weekends, but now things are quiet.
today I went shopping at the market - there was a lot of mud after the rain in the morning. I realised that quite a fer people have come to know who I am here in Beni. I have noticed more and more people greeting me in the market. It is quite rare for the people to see a foreigner in the market. Most foreigners here have servants to do shopping. I find that I enjoy going to the market. It is good to meet people and it is useful for my work to speak to people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home