Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Brussels, 17-18 March

Here are a few pictures I took during a weekend trip to Brussels. Brussels is a good weekend destination if you are working in Paris. The train journey is only 1.5 hours. I spent time just walking around town. I also visited the museum of musical instruments which was interesting.
In the centre of Brussels, near the main square is this nice gallery with some little shops and restaurants:


The city hall is in the main square - there are many interesting historic buildings in the main square:




When I visited there was a flower market in the middle of the square... very colourful:


I spent a few hours in the little town of Bruges. It is a fortified town with a big cathedral. There are also lots of trees and canals giving a nice sense of space:




Back in Brussels I went to visit the area near the Palace where there are some nice views of the city:




I ended a rainy Sunday in a cafe on the main square:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home