Friday, 13 June
The past few weeks since my trip to Moscow have been really busy! This time of year I always have a lot of meetings at work and have been working late a lot - even until midnight on one occasion. I have also been busy renovating my apartment. Because of the renovations I haven't been able to stay at my place, so I am living with friends for a few weeks. The work on my apartment should be finished by the end of the month - I can't wait. Today POTUS came to visit my organisation. The arrangements were impressive; the security arrangements were particularly good! There were marksmen all over the place and all roads around my office were blocked. At least I was able to go to see the speech - the subject wasn't interesting (keywords: terrorism & freedom), but the experience as a whole was fascinating. The speach was supposed to be the centrepiece of a farewell visit to Europe before he leaves office at the end of the year. As a piece of public speaking it was terrible - clearly rehearsed, but still not fluent.. I would generally expect better of a president - especially POTUS!
My friend Rob is soon to leave Paris for Sweden - here he is in action at the Pères Populaires bar during one of his last Paris sets:
I also went to a concert at the Cité des Arts given by a Swiss band. The music was jazz - and well performed. The musicians had a very theatrical approach!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home