Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday, 14 April

At the weekend I went to London! It was nice to be in my home-town again - lately I find myself missing it... Nowadays I think I know Paris much better than London. When I was walking around town I realised that so much has changed in my absence (I last lived there in 2003). Anyway, I enjoyed rediscovering the city - usually when I'm in London I am too busy meeting people and shopping to just look around. On Sunday I went for a walk around Westminster and along the River Thames - here are some photos:




Victoria Tower is part of the Houses of Parliament (or Westminster Palace). It houses the Parliament archives. The Houses of Parliament can be visited by the public - it is best to go on Wednesday afternoon, when the Prime Minister is speaking.

Here's a view along the River Thames towards Westminster Bridge - on the left the Houses of Parliament and on the right the London Eye:


... and a panoramic view of the Houses of Parliament:


Here is a vertigious view of the London Eye. The other day I read that it broke down, leaving passengers stranded - I decided not to risk it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home