Monday, 12 May
Yesterday I went walking in the Fifth arrondissement of Paris wih some friends. The Fifth is one of my favorite areas of Paris - I think it is just because I know it better than any other arrondissement, but there is a lot to see there and it's near the Seine.
I went to a nice Vietnamese restaurant - it seems very authentic; what I would expect to find in Hanoi! The food and service is good and it's away from the touristy areas - it is also only about 10 minutes from where I live. I was suprised to see a picture of Ho Chi Minh on the wall - I would have thought that most Vietnamese living in Paris would be anti-Communist... though maybe it added to the authenticity of the place:
After lunch we went walking in Jardin des Plantes and then for tea at the Paris Mosque. The Mosque has a nice terrace where visitors can have tea as well as a nice restaurant. It was very pleasant to have mint tea and baklava on the sunny terrace - a very nice Sunday afternoon spot...




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home