Friday, 18 June
This evening I went out with some colleagues to the weekly barbecue at the British Embassy - It was really good, with food and drink 'à volonté'. It was a welcome change to the hotel restaurant. One of the problems with living near the equator is that the evenings get dark early, which means that going out in the evenings, especially after work is not very easy. Kinshasa is supposed to be quite dangerous after dark.
I am busy enjoying the good things that Kinshasa has to offer before I go to my very remote posting on Monday...
MONUC HQ Originally uploaded by jweatherlake. |
Here is a picture of where I work - the MONUC (Mission des Nations Unies au Congo) Headquarters. As you can see it is reasonably modern (by local standards) with good views of the city from the top floors - it is one of the tallest buildings in Kinshasa.
City view Originally uploaded by jweatherlake. |
This is a view from the top of my hotel looking in the direction of the railway station and Congo river.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home