Saturday, 28 August
This morning I had bearly woken up when the head of office called to say that we may have a delegation arriving from Uganda. I had hoped to sleep late, but here in Congo work can even happen on Saturdays! I went to the office Only to find that the delegation had been postponed until Monday at the earliest.
I went up to the airport to see a UN helicopter deliver some equipment (including another parcel for me) - this is entertainment in Beni! For those that are interested, the helicopter is the largest helicopter in the World - see photos:
I had lunch with a German journalist and Finnish NGO worker at Le Palmier restaurant - one of the three restaurants in town. Tonight we are going to the Casino - no not in Monte Carlo - but here in Beni. Even Beni has a casino. I have never been there before, but I am sure that it will be an interesting experience!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home