Monday, November 01, 2004

European Tour: 17-19 September




I saw this mountain from the plane - it is located where the borders of Armenia, Turkey and Iran meet. In mythology it is where Noah's ark landed after the great flood. I have always wanted to visit the mountain (and Yerevan, the capital city of Armenia located at the foot of the mountain). I do not like plane travel much as I feel that you pass over so much that would be interesting to see close up...




It felt good to be at Roissy airport asking for a ticket to Paris...back in Paris and marveling at the novelty of the developed World - When I came back I took a while to readjust to the European way of life. I did not miss the dustyness of Beni too much...and it was really good to see some familiar faces again!




Here are some good friends who I lived with for a few months at Cite Universitaire - Hircham, Alexandra and Augustin!
More info on Cite Universitaire can be found on http://www.ciup.fr




This is a little market on Boulevard St Germain - very colourful. This is a nice area of Paris close to the Pantheon.




Nice sky...




Here is a cafe where I sometimes go when in Paris - although nearby Bar Onze is much better!




This is a really nice garden in Paris - always full of flowers. The building in the background is the French senate. See http://www.senat.fr



...in Jardin du Luxembourg






Me at Bercy station about to get the night train to Florence... See http://www.sncf.fr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home